Detailed information regarding travel to and from Camp Nicolet is published in the Nicolet Notes for Parents pamphlet which is received upon registration. However, the following condensed information is designed to be a quick reference:
If you daughter is planning to ride the bus to or from camp, please make a reservation at time of registration, or by contacting the camp office. Reservations must be made in advance.
All bus reservations must be prepaid.
The camp bus does not stop at the Chicago or Milwaukee airports. Families flying into those cities and wishing to utilize the bus must make transportation arrangements to the pick-up/drop-off locations.
Please check-in with the camp chaperones in charge before boarding the bus. Please be on time to the bus pick-up/drop-off locations.
Campers, please wear your yellow Camp Nicolet polo shirt for easy group identification. Lunch is provided en route to and from camp.
Bus Pick-Up and Drop-Off Locations
Specific times and locations are included in the Nicolet Notes for Parents pamphlet. You will also receive email reminders periodically during the summer.
Returning Home on the Bus
Upon arrival in Milwaukee or Chicago, it is essential that parents check in with the bus chaperones and identify themselves before departing with their daughter. Parents must notify the camp office in writing if someone other than a parent will be picking up a camper.
DRIVING TO CAMP
Please plan your arrival for approximately 2:00 PM on the first day. Check in at the camp office to receive your daughter’s cabin assignment.
If you are picking up your daughter, please do so by 10:00 AM on her last day. Please check out with the camp office prior to your departure.
FLYING TO CAMP
Rhinelander Oneida County Airport (RHI) is the closest to camp, approximately 45 minutes away. Central Wisconsin Airport (CWA) is located approximately 2 hours away in Wausau, Wisconsin. Both airports are served by major commercial airlines and have car rentals available. Please make airline reservations as soon as possible following camper registration to secure lowest fares.
- Please make your daughter’s reservation as an e-ticket.
- Please have your daughter travel to camp as an unaccompanied minor. Further details are contained in the Nicolet Notes for Parents pamphlet.
- Please have your daughter wear her yellow Camp Nicolet polo shirt for easy identification.
- If flying with luggage, please limit to a maximum of two checked bags and one carry-on. Airline baggage fees will be billed to camper accounts.
- For an additional fee, camp-operated airport shuttles are available to and from Rhinelander and Central Wisconsin. Please make these arrangements at time of registration or contact the camp office as soon as airline reservations are confirmed.
- For campers taking the camp bus to and from Chicago and Milwaukee, we will provide transportation for your daughterʼs luggage. Luggage will be picked up at the same time your camper boards the bus and will be delivered when she returns home. You must bring your daughterʼs luggage with you to the bus pickup location.
- Campers flying may bring their luggage with them as airline checked baggage. If flying with luggage, please limit to a maximum of two checked bags and one carry-on. Airline baggage fees will be billed to camper accounts.
- You may ship your daughter’s luggage directly to camp via UPS or FedEX. If you plan to ship luggage, please do so one week before your daughter arrives at camp. Our shipping address is:
Camp Nicolet, 16040 Hwy. 70 East, Eagle River, WI 54521
Make certain a return address is included inside each piece of luggage. Should the exterior label be lost or defaced this is the only means of identification.