A Nationally Recognized Program
Camp Nicolet for Girls is fully accredited by the American Camping Association. This nationally recognized program focuses on program quality and health and safety issues. Camp Nicolet is also required to review each facet of our program every three years. Camp Nicolet voluntarily submits to this appraisal done by camp experts and is proud to earn this mark of distinction. We know how important it is that our facilities, programs, and staff provide a safe and meaningful experience for every girl that comes here.
With a re-enrollment rate as high as 85 percent, campers represent as many as twenty states and countries including China, England, France, Germany, Mexico, and Spain. Camp Nicolet warmly welcomes diversity. Campers have the opportunity to share the camping experience with people from all different backgrounds. All the while we work to ensure high levels of safety, which can be seen in our accreditations.
All employees undergo a structured and intentional hiring process, including background checks, to ensure a professional and mature summer staff. In choosing staff, we look at the whole person to make sure our staff passes on to campers traits that we admire. Ensuring high levels of safety, quality, and character in our programs, Camp Nicolet participates in the following organizations:
- Accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA)
- Member, Association of Independent Camps (AIC)
- Member, Wisconsin Section – American Camp Association
- Member Camp, USA Water Ski
- Participant, Wilderness Medical Associates
- Participant, United States Tennis Association
- Participant, US Sailing Association
- Elective SCUBA activities follow the PADI Dive program