We’re Hired – Summer 2023
The entire team at Camp Nicolet sincerely thanks everyone who applied this year.
We are presently completely hired.
If you are interested in a position for summer 2024, please contact us this Autumn. Thank you!
A real job?
Some people may wonder: Is working at camp a “real job” and “serious” enough for a career-minded student eager to prepare for a professional future? Absolutely! Camp is a fun experience for campers and staff members alike AND it’s an outstanding training ground for future professionals. Camp Nicolet trains young staff members in communication skills, customer service, teamwork, and sound decision-making — all critical foundations for professional work — and then trusts them with a great deal of responsibility. Camp Nicolet Staff Members not only learn good professional skills, they put them to work immediately in a hands-on setting!
Working at camp, with other people’s children, is a serious task. Parents send their most precious beings to us expecting them to be well-cared for by intelligent, responsible, mature, enthusiastic, engaging adults. Each of us on staff works hard, and works together, to put the needs of the campers ahead of our own in everything we do throughout the summer – and in a broad range of challenging environments, from the waterfront to the equestrian arena to wilderness tripping.
Learn and grow with us as a camp professional at Camp Nicolet for Girls!
The majority of our summer staff consists of college students between the ages of 18 and 25. We work with many colleges to arrange internships for our staff within majors that include Education, Communication, Social Media, Psychology, Outdoor & Experiential Education, Recreation, and Physical Education & Sports. Please contact the camp office to discuss your interest in an internship with us, or specify internship interest within your application for any of the positions below. We are happy to work with you and your college to help make it happen!
Camp Nicolet hires capable, enthusiastic individuals with strong backgrounds; people who are looking to lead by example while serving youth and providing them with a positive experience filled with opportunities for personal growth and development. If this sounds like you, and you meet the following requirements, please see below for a list of available positions.
As you begin the application process, there are a few things you should consider:
- Staff are at least 18 for most positions.
- Positions requiring a particularly high level of skill and judgment may have additional age requirements.
- We welcome international applicants and use CCUSA & IENA as our J1 Visa sponsoring agencies.
- A background check is required of all Camp Nicolet Staff.
- All staff must have, or be willing to obtain, CPR and First Aid certification.
- Additional certifications may be required, based on your position (Waterfront Lifeguarding, USA Water Ski Level 1 Instructor, Wilderness First Aid).
- The minimum contract period – in most cases – is 9 weeks, beginning mid-June and ending mid-August.
- Staff will attend Staff Training, which is built into your compensated contract period.
- Staff work six days and have one 24-hour period off each week. Time off during the evening is also available on a rotating basis.
- If you are in college, often internship credit can be gained from your work at camp.
Please be sure you meet these requirements and are able to make these commitments prior to applying.
If you have additional questions, please contact Jeremy Starz, Owner & Camp Director at email@example.com, or 608-469-3091. Thank you for your interest!