Family owned and operated, Camp Nicolet for Girls was founded in 1944 by Ann and Wendall Schrader. For more than five decades, the Schraders were leaders in the field of camping, and dedicated themselves to providing one of the finest camping programs and facilities in the country, a place where campers learn to live together in friendship and harmony. Perpetuating the family tradition, Georgianna Schrader Starz and son Jeremy oversee the year round operation of the camp.
Camp Nicolet is located on the original site of Fournier’s Camp, a bass fishing resort from the late 1920s until Autumn of 1944. When potential buyers approached original owner Carrie “Shorty” Fournier, she was very discriminating and wanted her property to be shared with others and truly appreciated. When Ann and Wendall Schrader approached her about starting a girls summer camp, she agreed to sell – and thus Camp Nicolet was born!